MathJax

Monday 7 August 2017

The Path (A short, incomplete poem)

Hi guys!

While browsing through my older stuff, I found some poems I wrote long back. Most of them were cringe worthy (a forced adventurous one or a over sweet romantic one, for example) but I think I wrote a really deep one.

Unfortunately, I don't have the last 4 paras with me because I never really shared that with anybody and my old phone is now dead. However, I think it's better this way; the poem seems more open ended and offers multiple interpretations. Maybe, all's well that end's well?


The longer I walk down this dark, dark path
Lengthier evermore it seems to get
I shudder, for the night is frosty;
But I must go on; for that is my resolve.

The end cannot be seen; only sensed.
I steel my nerves and walk swiftly; 
For my mind is set;
my destiny lies in conquering
the uniaxial path in front of me.

It behoves ye, dear reader
to set upon thine path!
For great treasure lies at the end

A treasure, so exquisite, one of a kind;
Found and cherished by only those who toil;
Cannot be forged, borrowed or thieved.

Do not pay heed to those who criticize
Those who try to distract, pull you from the path;
You must be strong; for they are but spectators.
It is not their path to walk!
Well illuminated, it is, for them;
But it makes no difference.

They can but shout and jeer;
But they cannot substitute the treasure;
A treasure, unique to it's acquirer.

So, I hope this poem really raises some questions. Is this poem written to be interpreted in an allegorical manner? What does the treasure signify? 

Well, this is one of those "2 AM" poems, which just flow from the mind. So, maybe it makes sense or maybe it's all garbage. I think I have some idea of what I was trying to get at via this poem, but as a fun exercise I'll invite reader interpretations in the comments! :)

P.S. I've added a subscribe by email button on the right, in case anyone actually finds this subscribe worthy =D

8 comments:

  1. Itni behki behki baate mat kar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Alu (We both know who you are :P),

      2 AM thoughts aise hi hote he, kya karu ab :/

      Delete
  2. You're a great poet, dude. Wonderful poem!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This poem should be published in scripts and text books, remarkable work!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was a bit over the top xD.
      Thanks Manish =D

      Delete
  4. I,Irodov, commend you to the Russian Mathematician and Physicist Association. PEACE.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was well Played with Irodov's name... I Irodov

    ReplyDelete